Monday, January 16, 2012

The Beginning

I like to write. I really do. I just don't usually have anything interesting or fun to write about. But I have been reading lots of other blogs lately and I have decided that I, too, can blog. Maybe some weeks I will have nothing to say, and other weeks I will have so much I won't know where to start. But here it goes...one step at a time.

So, to begin here are 11 things about me (I was born on April 11th at 11:11pm...I like the number).

1. I am a Jesus follower. I try to live every day in worship to Him. I fail. A lot. But I am trying. 

2. I am a high school World Geography teacher. And I love it. Everyday is a new challenge and there are days that I would give anything to have an "easy" job, or a job where I walked in at 8 and out at 4, but when I think about it, I truly know I am called to do this job. 

3. I am a graduate student at UNT. I am working on my Masters of Education in Curriculum and Instruction. I am crossing my fingers I am done in the Spring of 2013. 

4. I am, and will always be, a Red Raider. GUNS UP!!

5. Sadly, I must admit that I am a cheerleading coach. Freshman Cheerleading to be exact. And some days I think it will be the death of me. 

6. I am becoming a runner and an athlete. I don't think I am there yet. But I think I will become one someday. 

7. NCIS is my favorite show on TV. It has been for the past 7 years. And I think I will cry the day it goes off the air. 

8. I like to read. But not books. I like to read magazines, newspaper articles, blogs, and the occassionally non-fiction book. 

9. I  have the best family. I mean, we have our problems, but who doesn't? In the end, I know they would drop everything to be there for me. 

10. I LOVE to shop. And at some point I will run out of room in my closet. 

11. I work with the youth at my church on Sunday evenings and lead a high school girls bible study on Wednesday nights. And the truth is, they teach me so much more that I will ever teach them. 

-Cynthia

1 comment: