Friday, February 3, 2012

Life, lately...


I like twitter because I can follow whomever I want. Some people I choose to follow are funny, some are informational, some are inspirational, and some I follow to remind me how to live my life.

A few weeks ago I opened twitter on a random Tuesday and the Christian singing duo Shane and Shane had tweeted this…worship is far more than the songs we sing. Make sure you worship on Tuesday just like you worship on Sunday.

Life has been difficult lately…

  • I keep adding miles to my weekly running schedule and I am beginning to feeling it in my everyday life.

  • Graduate school is back and in full swing. Assignments are due, readings need to be done, and driving to Denton on Thursday nights is hard.

  • Teaching is never an easy job. But these days it seems to be a lot harder than usual.

  • I feel like Cheerleading has taken over my life.

  • It’s hard to do everything I have committed to.

But please don’t misunderstand this post. I am not telling you my life is horrible, it’s just hard sometimes, (isn’t everybody’s?) and I don’t want you to feel bad for me. I know I am blessed in so many ways…

  • I can get up and run whenever I want.

  • I can afford to go to graduate school.

  • I have a job that I love.

  • I have an opportunity to work with a small group of students on a different level.

  • Everything I have committed to is worth showing up for.

But sometimes I forget that everyday I should be in worship to Jesus. I should be trying to be like Him in everything I do. Even when I am exhausted from running. Even when I am sitting in traffic, class or at home doing homework. Even when I am frustrated at work. Even when I am sitting at a basketball game. Even when I don’t really feel like worshiping.

And I always come back to… worship is far more than the songs we sing. Make sure you worship on Tuesday just like you worship on Sunday. Thanks ShaneandShane, and twitter, for the good reminder of how to live my life.

-Cynthia

1 comment:

  1. You're an inspiration to all of us working adults who do half the things you accomplished in a full day :)

    ReplyDelete