Tuesday, April 24, 2012

New Goals

So it has been 5 weeks since I ran my 1/2 marathon and I am completely out of shape. I mean, I barely made it 1 mile this morning. And it's my own fault. I was just so tired and busy after the 1/2 that I didn't want to wake up and run and I couldn't run in the afternoons because life got busy. But all the excuses end NOW. I have decided to steal Life is a Run's idea of writing goals for the month. Perhaps I am a little early for May, but here are my fitness and personal goals for the month.


1. Do cardio at least 5 days a week. That gives me one day during the week to "sleep in" and I am letting myself take Sunday's off because getting to church at 9:45am is hard enough...

2. Intentionally run. I am signed up for a the Wounded Warrior 10k on June 10th so I need to actually start running again if I have any hope of completing it.

3. I want to run at least one 5k in the month of May. I don't know which one yet but I will try and find one I can fit into my schedule.

4. Eat better. This means eating knowing what I eat and holding myself accountable for what I put in my body.

5. Try a new recipe every week. I always make and eat the same boring stuff. I have discovered pinterest and want to branch out with new recipes.

6. Complete both graduate classes I am taking this semester strong. I have one test and one project due before I can call this semester complete and I would like to do really well on both of them.

7. Go through all my clothes and send the ones I don't wear any more to metrocrest. I have too many clothes just taking up space in my closet. It's time to give some away for someone else to enjoy.

8. Spend more time outside! Because weather doesn't get better than spring time in Texas.

I will let you know in June how I do. But now that they are out there, I feel like I need to at least make an attempt to complete them.

-Cynthia

1 comment:

  1. Love it! These are great goals and there are quite a few May races so hopefully there is one that works with your sched!! Beth signed up for Wounded Warrior 10K too!

    ReplyDelete