Thursday, May 24, 2012

11 NEW Things about me...

I started this blog in January with a post that included 11 things about me. So much has happened in the past 5 months that I feel like maybe I need to modify my list of 11 things about me...

1. I am (still) a Jesus follower. Still trying to follow and worship Him everyday. And still failing. But still trying again.

2. I am (still) a high school world geography teacher. But next year I get to add the title of 'AP Government' teacher as well. I am hoping I am a better world geography teacher next year than I was this year.

3. Still in graduate school. Done with my first two semesters. I am no longer trying to graduate by next May. I will be lucky to get out by August 2013. And I am okay with that. All in good time, my friends.

4. I am NOT a cheerleading coach. After having spent 3 years as a middle school coach and 1 year as a Freshman cheer coach, I think I have officially retired my pom-poms. I might have even burned them. This year was hard, really hard. I spent the year frustrated and tired and cried many tears. But I am done. And I am thankful for that.

5. If running 13.1 miles through the streets of downtown Dallas makes you a runner and an athlete, then I AM a runner. Now if I could only figure out how to motivate myself to stay that way.

6. I have discovered pinterest and I am maybe a little obsessed. Maybe...

7. I am in a relationship. His name is Greg and he is fantastic. 

8. I (still) LOVE to shop. Not sure that will ever change about me. And it's summer. So, of course, I need cute summer clothes. Right?

9. I am getting really excited about the Summer Olympics. I am ready to just watch sports all day long for two weeks. Even if it means watching rowing...

10. I am learning to love baseball. Especially my Rangers.

11. I am discovering the fun in cooking something new. Even if it doesn't always turn out. It's fun to try.

One more week of school...

-Cynthia

No comments:

Post a Comment