Friday, November 2, 2012

The irony is not lost on me...

It's been a CRAZY past 7 days...

Last weekend Greg and I went to New Braunfels to hang out with one of my friends from college and run a race on Saturday morning. I had been looking forward to this weekend for MONTHS. I was excited about getting away and relaxing for a few days away from Dallas. Unfortunantly, it did not turn out the way we wanted...

Friday started out great. Greg and I got out of town around 10:45am. We got to the outlet mall in San Marcus around 4pm. I was in HEAVEN shopping there and Greg was great about just walking around to whatever store I wanted to go to. He's pretty fantastic.
When we finally got the lake house we were staying at, it was about 6:45pm. We met Evie (my friend from college), her husband Corey, and a couple of Evie's coworkers/friends at the house. They were waiting for us to go over to another one of their co-workers house for a while. We stayed there for a couple hours. We then went back to the lake house had dinner and went to bed.

It was a little cold at the start line on Saturday.
 Unfortunantly, the house where we were staying had dogs (a Golden Retriever) that lived there normally. This was NOT good for me. I am crazy allergic to dogs, which I don't really like to tell people and I try and deny, but when you start sneezing and itching and not being able to breathe, its pretty hard to hide. I didn't sleep well on Friday night, I woke up with a allergy headache AND I was having trouble breathing on Saturday morning. I knew, IF I survived the race, I would be misrable the whole time. But I got ready and went to the race anyways. Greg drove me to the start line and stayed until I started (first time he has done that) but I knew about .5 miles in I wasn't going to make it so I stopped and called Greg in tears. I felt like a failure. Greg was great and just came and picked me up and we went to breakfast. After talking about it with Greg, I decided that I set myself up to fail. If I had trained correctly, if I had been excited about running the race, if he had not been there, if I had slept in my own bed, then I probably would have finished. But I didn't. And that's that. But I have decided I WILL be more prepared for my next half.

After breakfast, we went back to the race to see Hope and Evie finish then went back to the house showered, changed and decided to come back to Dallas a day early. It turned out to be a great decision. We watched TV until late on Saturday and went to the Dallas Museum of Art on Sunday. The weekend turned out to be relaxing anyways...once we got back to Dallas. The irony is not lost on me.

Fun at the Dallas Museum of Art

This week has been full of classes, work, tests, volleyball games, and homecoming hallway decorations. But because I was so relaxed to start with, its been easy. Tonight I am off to the homecoming football game.


Chaos.


It finally came together...around 10pm


Done at 10pm

I am crazy lucky that I have a job that I LOVE and a boy who loves me...


Me and a few of my seniors.
 Life, my friends, is good.
Love Always,
Cynthia


No comments:

Post a Comment